Everyone wants and needs a healthy brain. The most important thing you have to consider is the diet you are consuming. If you want a sound mental health even till your old age, then you need to supply the right nutrition to your brain regularly. This means that you need to be a healthy eater. Anything you eat fuels not only your body, but your brain too. The healthier you eat, the better your brain and body is deemed to function.
For a healthier brain, start by eating healthfully
- Never skip breakfast. Most people have to rush to the school, college or office in the morning, and they seldom have time to sit properly and have their breakfast. Most mothers are driven crazy when their kids are growing up, because they know that breakfast is the most important meal to be taken in a day. Experts suggest to sit down and have a proper meal every morning. But most busy people just cannot do it. Even if they are forced to sit, they cannot eat anything. Their brain is always anxious about the tasks they have to complete during the day. They just want to get out of the door and start their day. But this is not advisable. It is strongly recommended to eat proper breakfast every morning, even if that means waking up half an hour earlier.
- Consume the right fats. Yes, you read that right. I’m talking about the much hyped fats that are against weight loss. Human body needs fats too, particularly the omega-3s. If taken in the right amount, they can actually keep you active all day, however their excess can lead to weight gain. Canola, salmon and other fatty fishes are rich sources of good fats.
- Consume monounsaturated fats too, like the ones available in avocados. These, along with polyunsaturated fats, aid in improving flow of blood through your body.
- Consume the right carbohydrates too, as they are responsible for providing a steady supply of energy to your body. Consider eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Oatmeal, and whole grains like oats, barley, brown rice and quinoa are rich sources of good carbohydrates.
- Consume proteins. These are body-building materials helpful in fueling your brain, and taking it longer to digest food. It is helpful in staving off that feeling of hunger.
Take care of your nutrition, and you will become smarter. In old age, you will have minimal chances of having dementia or stroke. So, eat healthy for a healthy brain.